Sunday, January 11, 2009

My latest adventure

For the longest time I have wanted to open my own bakery and decorate cakes because I love to bake, I love cakes, and I love doing crafty stuff, so I decided to take the plunge and take a cake decorating class! I went to my class last Thursday and it was so interesting. We got tons of homework to prepare for next class, so today I decided to practice making my icing and coloring the icing for my next class. Needless to say, my cake turned out really poorly....I totally forgot to grease the bottom of the pan (which I have NEVER forgotten to do before!), so you can only imagine what happened when I took the cake out of the pan....crumb city! Anyway, so then I decided to practice my icing because in the class, she made it look soooooooo easy....my cake looks like crap!! I hope my cake for Thursday's class turns out better than the one I decorated today otherwise I am in for trouble, and my bakery dreams are going downhill! haha

No comments: